- TOWN program registration is now open for next Spring for U6, U8, U10, U12 and U14. The Shooting Stars (U4) Program registration will open January 6, 2014.
REGULAR REGISTRATION ENDS November 30, 2013 - Players are encouraged to register as soon as possible to avoid losing a spot on their current team and to avoid late fees.
PROformance Soccer Academy is running two 8 week winter training sessions in Stoneham at The Greater Boston Academy.
Age groups are from U8 to U15, designed for players of all ability benefiting novice to elite level players.
The Winter program will be lead by top local trainers and current professional players, including former NE Revolution Captain Shalrie Joseph.
Winter training provides the perfect setting to improve and learn new skills. There will be a heavy emphasis placed on footwork, passing and shooting.
The program will include both regular ball and futsal style components.
All Stoneham Soccer Players will receive a Special SSC rate of $165/player.
The first session starts on December 4th, and space is limited to (17) players per age group, so we encourage you to sign up early!
Sign up at www.proformancesoccer.com
Please click this link for more details.
Communications: We use email for all communications. Please log into your account to assure that all emails are correct. Please do not "Opt Out" of emails from our club, or else you will not receive important messages.
Start of the Season: Fall soccer ends the weekend of November 2nd & 3rd. We anticipate that Spring soccer starts the first week or two of April, 2004.
Team Placement: For Spring - Returning players who register on time will be placed back with the team they played with in the Fall (unless there is a request to place on a different team). New Spring registrants will be placed based upon need/team size/equity. Late returning regisrants will be placed back on their previous team only if space remains after all regular registrants have been placed. .
Schedule: Town games will be held Sundays between 8 am and 3 pm. Teams schedules will be posted under "Town Schedules and Standings" to the left when the teams are finalized, by September 8. Travel games are generally played on Saturday, and the schedule can be found under "Travel Program and Schedules" to the left.
Uniform Information: All jerseys are purchased through Reading Trophy and Shirt. Town players must purchase a reversible Stoneham Soccer jersey. Travel jerseys / numbers are coordinated through the Travel Committee. All players (Town and Travel) need black shorts, black socks, shin guards, and SOCCER cleats. Reading Trophy and Shirt is located at 660 Main St, Reading; phone (781) 944-7171.
Game Cancellations: We will post game cancellations (due to weather conditions) by 7:30am on the right sidebar of our homepage. We will also send an email to all families announcing game cancellations. Please see our policy further down on the homepage.
Player, Parent, Coach abnd Referee Conduct: We take misconduct issues very seriously. Please read our reminders regarding conduct under the Parents, Players, Coaches and Referees links to the left.
Safety is our number one priority. Please see the "Safety Reminders" link to the left for more information.
Other Reminders: Please scroll down for additional important information.
NOTE: All communications are delivered by e-mail. PLEASE keep your email address up to date by logging on to your member account and making
adjustments as needed. If weather is questionable, please check e-mail often.
Town Program - In the event of ongoing or impending inclement weather, SSC Commissioners evaluate Cerrone / Broadway fields for safety before 7 am on Sundays.
- Games will be cancelled if the field conditions are poor and could lead to player injury, or if lightning is anticipated.
- Cancellation information will be posted on our website by 7:15 am in the upper right corner of the home page, and an e-mail will be sent out to families.
- Games will play as scheduled if it is determined that the weather will not create a safety issue for players.
- SSC will cancel games in progress and remaining games if it is determined that field conditions are unsafe for continued play. This decision will be made by the Board Member(s) on duty at the field, and an e-mail will be sent out to families. Therefore it is important to check e-mails on game days.
Games cancelled by SSC will be made up at a date to be determined by SSC. Games cancelled in progress will not be made up.
Please note: Coaches cannot cancel games if the Club has determined that games are playable. Weather - good and otherwise - are a part of the short soccer season. Games cancelled by coaches because of inclement weather cannot be made up. The league understands there are circumstances that prevent players from attending games in poor weather (or at any time during the season), but the expectation is that games are to be played as scheduled unless decided upon by commissioners and the Board.
Travel Program - Field Closures are determined early Saturday mornings and posted on the Middlesex League website. The link is located in the right bar on the home page. If games are played during inclement weather, it is up to the assigned referee to cancel games.
SSC occasionally will need to close Cerrone / Broadway fields because of unsafe field conditions. When we designate that the field is closed, we will post that in the upper right corner of our home page and expect that all coaches cancel their practices until the field is opened again. Additionally, we discourage coaches from holding practices on other fields, as other sports organizations maintain their own fields as well, and, out of respect for their time and money, we would not want to see their fields damaged.
Below are some announcements to help parents and players during the season. Please be sure to check back often for updates and other communications.
Reminders to Parents and Players -- PLEASE READ:
- For new players, uniforms can be purchased at Reading Trophy at 660 Main St. in Reading.
- Town Uniform : Reversible shirt, black shorts, & black socks. (NOTE: If it's cold and the players wear pants be sure they wear their black shorts over the pants).
- NOTE: The "home team" wears the BLUE side of the shirt.
- Travel Uniform: Please e-mail the league for more information: StonehamSoccer@yahoo.com.
- Cleats: If your child wears cleats please make sure they're soccer cleats. To avoid injuries NO BASEBALL, FOOTBALL OR METAL CLEATS ARE ALLOWED. Please see the "For Players" link to the left for more information on safety.
- Shin pads (which must be worn under socks).
- Jewelry, including earrings, necklaces or bracelets, must be removed. Medic-Alert bracelets and chains are allowed; please secure them with medical tape.
- Glasses are allowed but must be secured by a safety strap. Sports goggles are preferred, especially if your child intends on playing goalie often.
- Please remember to pick up your children promptly after games and practices. If possible, arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the anticipated end of the game or practice to avoid delaying others' departure.
- If your child is unable to make a game, please try to communicate this to the coach as soon as possible.
- Please be sure to keep off of the newly-treated areas on the field so that we can allow the field to regenerate properly for next season.
- For safety reasons, please keep children out of the wooded areas surrounding the field. This includes areas surrounding the Senior Center parking lots except in cleared pathways. There is only one pathway near the fence for the upper fields, and two pathways from the small lot extension nearest the shed.
- On game day, parents must sit 6 feet from the sidelines in order to avoid disruption in sideline play, and to assure the safety of our spectators and players. Please also do not sit behind the goals to avoid being hit by a fast-moving ball. Please sit on the opposite side of the field away from the team and coaches to avoid distractions to the coach and the players.
- Please note: ONLY parents who have REGISTERED with Stoneham Soccer and filled out a CORI form may coach during practices and games. Parents should not otherwise be near the team in the sidelines or on the field during practices and games.
- When leaving the field, please dispose of all trash properly, and recycle plastic and aluminum containers in the designated receptacles.
- Stoneham Soccer Board Members wear black and white jerseys and black jackets. Please look for us on the field should you have questions or concerns, or if you just want to say "HI" so that we can introduce ourselves.